The Tyranids are unlike any other race to be encountered by Humanity. They are the ultimate predators; to them all living things, from the lowliest insect to the most advanced civilisation, are mere prey. Only now are the inhabitants of the galaxy realising the scale of the threat unless the Tyranids can be stopped, it will mean nothing less than the extinction of all.
Codex: Tyranids contains a wealth of background and rules the definitive book for Tyranids collectors. Within this 128-page hardback, you’ll find:
- The Destroyer of Worlds: the origins of the Tyranids, from the first recorded appearance of their Hive Fleets to their seemingly-unstoppable advance throughout the galaxy, along with details of the manner in which their Hive Minds operate;
- Invasion Swarms: a step-by-step guide to a Tyranid invasion, from the vanguard organisms who seed initial terror through to the swarms of feeder organisms that ultimately strip entire worlds bare;
- Detailed background of the following Hive Fleets: Behemoth, Kraken and Leviathan, with dramatic recounting of famous battles and colour schemes for each;
- Tendrils of the Great Devourer: Information and colour schemes for a further 6 Hive Fleets Jormungandr, Hydra, Gorgon, Kronos, Tiamet, and Ouroboris;
- A galactic map showing the currently-known major Tyranid incursions;
- Background and details on each character and unit available to a Tyranid army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Tyranid army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 39 datasheets containing rules for every Tyranid unit and miniature;
- Army abilities reflecting the Tyranids’ methods of war on the tabletop;
- Weapons of the Hive Fleets: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by Tyranid Swarms;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- The Shadow in the Warp: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- Hive Fleet Adaptations for the following 7 Hive Fleets: Behemoth, Kraken, Leviathan, Gorgon, Jormungandr, Hydra and Kronos;
- 6 unique Warlord Traits available for any Tyranid commander;
- 7 Warlord Traits specific to the above-named Hive Fleets;
- 28 unique Stratagems;
- Bio-artefacts of the Tyranids: a selection of 12 rare weapons, spawned by the Hive Mind to ensure the galaxy’s doom;
- Hive Mind Discipline: 6 psychic powers available to any Tyranids model with the Psyker keyword;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.